In today’s global and always-on business environment, organizations are racing to adopt new technologies to enhance productivity and reduce costs, such as mobile devices, cloud computing, and collaborative Web 2.0 technologies. A new study by the Ponemon Institute and commissioned by Lumension, Worldwide State of the Endpoint Survey 2010, found that many organizations are struggling to adapt to changing endpoint security environment, resulting in greater risk to sensitive corporate and personal data. Insufficient budget allocations, poor collaboration between IT operations and security, and a lack of C-level support for security initiatives cited among reasons for shortcomings. Key findings:
- 56% of individuals surveyed said mobile devices are not secure, representing a risk to data security;
- 49% of individuals surveyed said data security is not a strategic initiative for their company;
- 48% of individuals surveyed said their companies have allocated insufficient resources to achieve effective data security and regulatory compliance;
- 47% of individuals cited a lack of strong CEO support for information security efforts as a reason for ineffective data security programs; and,
- 41% of individuals said there was a lack of proactive security risk management in their organization.
Discover the key trends around endpoint management and security and learn the latest insight into the convergence of IT security and IT operations.
Watch the Webcast
The Evolving State of the Endpoint: How Will You Cope?
Endpoint security has long been a major component in the IT security arsenal. However, the anatomy of today's "workforce" and the IT environment is dramatically changing, forcing organizations to rethink the definition of an endpoint and their endpoint protection strategy.
Get the Survey Results
Download the State of the Endpoint Report: Read this new study from the Ponemon Institute to obtain a global perspective of endpoint management and security trends and challenges.
Download the Survey Results (in Microsoft® PowerPoint format): View the State of the Endpoint survey findings to use in enhancing your endpoint management and security strategy.
The State of the Endpoint was derived from a survey of 1,427 IT security practitioners and 1,582 IT operations professionals across the U.S., Germany, Australia, New Zealand and the UK who have active responsibility for their data security and compliance efforts.