When a BSOD occurs or applications no longer work with Lumension Endpoint Security installed, the best way to recover the machine is to follow the steps outlined below.
- Ensure client hardening is turned off. If you cannot switch off hardening, use an Emergency Recovery Disk (ERD) to access the image offline
- If the harddisk is encrypted, you will need to decrypt it first
- If the harddisk is running off a special controller, create an ERD CD with this harddisk controller preinstalled on it
Disabling the LES Client
- Modify the following values found in:
scomc: Start = 4
sk: Start = 4
sk-ndis: Start = 4
- IF PRESENT, delete the value 'sk' in:
This will NOT revive 16bit apps.
- For that you need to kill the sxd-vdd.dll first and remove it from the registry entry:
- Remove %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\sxd-vdd.dll